Bringing Everyone Together
Mission:The Substance Use Disorder Priority Action Team provides oversight and direction to our coalitions, in order to ensure that Midland County partners work in stride, as we address substance use disorder.
- Goal #1: Increase the number of people seeking services for substance use disorder.
- Increase interim services for people with substance use disorder
- Improve access to treatment
- Expand SBIRT (Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral to Treatment)
- Identify Gaps in Services
- Goal #2: Reduce the number of fatal drug overdoses
- Increase access to NARCAN and NARCAN training for community members
- Increase presence of NARCAN in businesses
- Increase education about drug overdose risks
- Goal #3: Decrease negative impacts of misuse and abuse of legal substances in Midland County
- Cannabis (marijuana) education for community and students
- Support businesses in maintaining drug-free workplaces
- Reduce youth use of e-cigarettes
- Reduce youth use of alcohol